SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda1270

Yellow Leaves on Rhody, why?

LindaMA
13 years ago

Does anyone know what causes the leaves on a rhody to turn yellow and then drop off the bush. I have two new this spring, big leaf rhody's that this keeps happening too, one a lot more than the other.

One is a 'Catawbiense Album' and the other is an English Roseum. They both appear to be healthy with the exception of the yellow leaves. The English Roseum already has a good amount of buds established on it but the other, not that many. I'm worried that if the leaves keep turning yellow and fall off that eventually my rhodys will look terrible. On some of the leaves which turn yellow, there are also green spots in the yellow portion and sometimes brown.

My soil is acidic and tends to be very claylike but I have amended around the shrub well before planting them.

I have two PJM elites panted on the opposite side of the front of the house and they are doing well. I also have a (name escapes me at the present time) small rhody that is very much like the PJM elites, only the flowers are a very pretty pink color, rather than a lavendar.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciate.

Linda

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus