SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casanova_gw

Azaleas with yellow leaves and lacebugs

18 years ago

Hi,

We have had plenty of rain this summer, and to be honest after my azaleas that have been in the ground for 7 years were well establised I hardly every watered them and they did fine. However, This year my older azaleas look bad. They have been attacked by lacebugs, lack of iron (which I was told was due to so much rain) Japanese beatles, yellowing leaves.....At the start of spring they were in great condition. Nothing looked wrong with them at all. Nothing!

Now that fall is almost here 3 of them look horrible. 1 was treated earlier for lacebugs (after taking sample to extension office, verified lacebugs) It still looks bad, but new growth looks good.....looks like lots of branches with not lots of foilage though (curious as to why) I was told not to treat the others unless they showed signs.

Well, now one of my favorites (5 years old) is showing very early signs of lacebugs. I can tell by the look of the leaves (Verified). It has yellowing leaves also. The yellow drives me crazy. I don't know whether to water or what :( So much rain, and all these other problems I just don't know what to do. The one I treated for lacebugs like I said the new foilage looks greener, but there isn't much of it, looks empty (hardly any foilage).

My question.....I treated the 1st one with Bayer Lawn and Garden Tree and Shrub Insect control earlier in the summer. Is it to late in the season to treat the other that is showing signs of lacebugs. I see no seasonal warnings or "DO NOT USE AT SUCH AND SUCH TIME OF YEAR"

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!! MY AZALEAS LOOK BAD AND I CAN'T STAND IT. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Comment (1)

Sponsored