SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

March 2014 what looks good/bad in your garden?

grant_in_arizona
10 years ago

Happy March, gardeners!

It's a very rainy day here in my little garden this morning, but it's still a great day in the garden, LOL.

What looks good, bad, or awful in your garden?? Here's my list of "bad": my napa cabbage! Why? Because instead of forming nice delicious heads, it's bolting (blooming) already instead. Grrrr. I'm so annoyed, lol. What is looking less than ideal in your garden??

Some things that look good/great in my little garden:

"Autumn sage" (Salvia greggii) starting to bloom. I love these neat, gangly, semi-woody perennials for their blooms, their sticky/resiny foliage, and their interesting woody ankles. Mine make a huge flush of blooms in spring, and again in autumn, with nice random displays all summer long. Definitely a plant to avoid overwatering!

{{gwi:397523}}

Several big ol' Gasteria plants (fun aloe relatives that rejoice in our climate) are in bloom now too. Here is a close up of some flowers showing their gastric (stomach like, hence the genus name) shape:

{{gwi:397524}}

Whole plant and pot, with Wilson the tennis ball to show size:

{{gwi:397525}}

These plants all look good every day of the year, some Aloe maculata flowers and one of many varieties of spineless prickly pears that I grow:

{{gwi:397527}}

{{gwi:397528}}

What about your garden? What looks good/bad/awful? We need updates! :)
Happy gardening, rain or shine,
Grant

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics, so far, from my garden, March 2014

Comments (40)