SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

June 27-29th Pics...part 1

vera_eastern_wa
14 years ago

Lavender 'Mustead' and Sedum....the Sedum not wintersown of course

{{gwi:397442}}

This particular volunteer Columbine, a nice butter yellow and white, has quite a long blooming period...I Love it! This is another Lavender 'Munstead' also.

{{gwi:397443}}

Three of my very largest Lavender 'Vera' shrubs. The 2nd pic shows one which is a lighter lavender color. Sometimes they are pruned 3x a year...at least while harvesting the 1st round of wands and again in early spring (hard every other year). If I don't allow them to go to seed I harvest/prune light again after the 2nd flush of wands in late summer-early fall.

{{gwi:397445}}

{{gwi:397447}}

Volunteer Hollyhock surrounded at the base by volunteer Yarrow

{{gwi:397449}}

My yarrow is changing colors on me! I just noticed this walking by he other day. Do you notice the soft lavender/pink among the white flowering ones? There are no other yarrow plants growing anywhere near me for as far around that I have ever seen:O

{{gwi:397451}}

I started with just 2 wintersown Yarrow plants at this end of the bed and a few in the mid section. As you can see it is now covering the entire end of a section of the bed now and out past the far east perimeter. I now have a path that sorta created itself going through the 4.5' yarrow at the other side of the Hollyhock that gets me in to the other side. I've also allowed self sown plants to come up in the crevices of the rock edging and it looks pretty soft and nice kept low as foliage only :)

{{gwi:397453}}

A few of several volunteer Lavender babies. I didn't quite get all of them in this picture, but in this location there are some from last year and some are new this year

{{gwi:397454}}

Partial view of the strip running from east to west. In the very front you see some volunteer Poppy that popped up in the gravel road just outside of the perimeter. They were blooming WAY to tall so last night before I took this picture I cut the ones I allowed to remain way back to much lower flower buds. Also standing out the most is Feverfew 'Flore Pleno', Maltese Cross, Yarrow, Gaillardia 'Burgundy' and Golden Marguerite

{{gwi:397455}}

Shasta Daisy

{{gwi:397456}}

Volunteer Papaver somniferum

{{gwi:397457}}

Very first Petunia bloom. The plants are always this small to begin with when they first flower for me as usual... doesn't seem too long before they take off though

{{gwi:397458}}

Comments (13)

Sponsored