SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missemerald

Questions about Lupine; Larkspur, and Foxglove

14 years ago

This is my first year WSing, and the weather has been wierd here (or maybe I'm not good at this, whatever). I've had successes and failures. My current questions are about my WSed lupine, larkspur, and foxglove. First, the lupine has already been planted out and is about 2 inches high. The larkspur has also been planted out, but only one survived the freakish wetspell we had here; it is about one inch high. The foxglove is tiny and has not been planted out. Ideally, will I get any blooms from any of this stuff this year? I don't recall the particular variety of any of these, if that helps. The foxglove, in particular, is so tiny that I don't want to plant out soon, but when should I? The larkspur we planted during a break in the rains. We planted out several specimens, which subsequently fried in a eat spell before drowning. My daughter really wanted to grow these for butterflies. Do we have time to grow more, and if so, DS or WS? As for the lupine, the seed package was just pretty, and we have never grown them before, so I don't know much about their habits. Advice welcome.

I have already planted out zinnias and the marigolds are a complete wash. Not a single one germinated. I did DS more of those.

Thanks!

Miss Emerald

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz