SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catankgirl

First ws bloom

15 years ago

These pictures aren't great, but I'm so excited I thought I'd share anyway...

{{gwi:396187}}

{{gwi:396188}}

Overall wintersowing wasn't great for me this year. I think I'll try it at least a little next year anyway. I'm still learning a lot and I just think I'm not very knowledgable about how plants grow and my climate altogether. At least it's a pretty cheap and easy way to learn. ;) Not to mention there was a little problem with my spot for containers due to some house work my husband was doing involving pressure washing and paint chips...

In any case, only two contianers worked, these Catchfly Angel Rose (Viscaria oculata) and some Black Prince Snapdragon which I also planted out. I'm sure I'll be posting pictures when those bloom as well. Hopefully they will, I'm certainly babying them enough in the ground. I figure they are the hardest toughest plants I tried if they gerinated in the container torture I put them through.

And after I dumped a bunch of my containers I noticed some germinating in the ground like a Morning Glory and whatever is behind the viscaria in my picture, a tomato maybe? So either I did the containers wrong, maybe the seeds weren't deep enough, or not in enough sun, or it's just too hard in my climate to keep them moist and from frying. Oh well, I'll try some different things next year and at least this year I'll enjoy these two things.

Just wanted to share! :)

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH