SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
duodecad

Anyone have pics of their foil tape plant markers?

duodecad
15 years ago

Hey all-- just wondering if anyone who uses foil tape to make plant markers has any pics to share, or at least can give some details how they do it?

I tried using plastic spoons with Sharpie marker on the inside of my milk jugs this year, figuring I could stick the spoons right in the ground later on when planting out, but the Sharpie has already faded to the point where it's unreadable. So I searched the forum and found lots of people who've mentioned using foil tape with miniblinds or popsicle sticks and "engraving" it with a ballpoint pen, which sounds great, but I'm not quite clear on how you actually use the foil tape to make the markers. I've never used foil tape for anything, so I have no idea how well it holds up over time, and I'm hesitant to make a bunch of labels without some sense of how long they'll actually last :)

Do you completely encase the marker in the foil tape, or tape it around the top like a little flag, or what? I'd just like to know what specific methods people have had success with...

Comments (5)

Sponsored