SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thedogsll

Looking for a REALLY fragrant rose

thedogsLL
10 years ago

Hi, All. I'm a bit of a newbie to roses, having spent many years buying from big box stores, and replacing roses on a fairly regular basis. For the last 1-2 years, I've been focusing on compost and mulch to improve the soil in my beds, and have found that all of my plants have improved as a result. I am now replanting a bed that is about 10' long and 2-3' wide across the front of my house.
I put in an Austin Crown Princess Margareta in the early summer this year, and it seems to be doing well - I'm looking forward to the spring when I hope it will really take off!
I also have a lavender Hybrid Tea rose that is slowly fading away. It was given to me as a gift, and I have no idea what it's name or origin is, although I suspect a Home Depot bulk buy. I will, I think, need to replace it in the spring, and am wondering if anyone here has any experience with fragrant roses for zone 6. The spot gets about 3 hours of early morning sun, and 2-3 hours of early afternoon sun from the opposite side. It would be all day sun, except for a rather large maple tree between my small front yard and the street.
I'm not particular about color, but if I can find a healthier, better lavender, that would be awesome!

LynnT (the LL in thedogsLL is LandLady - seems like my main job is to take care of the dogs...LOL!)

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm