SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rideauroselad

Rogue Valley Roses Will Be Shipping to Canada

I had enquired with Rogue Valley Roses last winter about them shipping roses to Canada and they told me they were not interested at the time. However, a few days ago I recieved an email from them and things have changed.

This opens up a source for previously unobtainable roses in Canada. Notably Paul Barden's Roses, a number of Buck varieties and a few older, rare David Austin varieties as well as dozens of Hybrid Teas, Floribundas and Climbers.

I placed an order yesterday and while they do not currently have the paricular plant I have been trying to find for many years, David Austin's Symphony, they do have a mother plant and tell me to keep watching the website.

But I did manage to get the other rose that has topped my wish list for the past 4 or 5 years. I have 2 plants of Griffith Buck's Quietness ordered. I also ordered several of Paul Barden's beautiful hybrids, including Siren's Keep, October Moon and Hettie.

HHRD (happy, happy, rose dance), for the day before Christmas. Now if only come April, the folk at Customs and the freight handlers at Toronto airport take pitty on me and my roses and clear them without too much delay. That is always the big risk with importing roses, isn't it.

Canada is fortunate to have Pickering Nurseries, Palatine Roses and yes the infamous Hortico, who all preserve and sell thousands of varieties of roses, old and new, ubiquitous or rare. It is however wonderful to have a small American nursery decide to ship roses in the other direction. Particularly since they have many varieties that the Canadian nurseries don't. How could I not help to support them?

Still doing the HHRD. I wish you all a very Joyfull Christmas and a New Year that is coming up roses, joy, happiness and health!

Rick

Here is a link that might be useful: Siren's Keep at HMF

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH