SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pumas_gw

'Fireworks' 'DQ' and BB(benchbuds)

pumas
15 years ago

Greetings Everyone! I had some time to photo and post new Blooms today.New Camera works well but the operator needs practice.Fireworks scape began between the double noses to this bulb.It did manage to proceed a few inches and began to explode in this bright and bold red bloom for Franks Birthday and Chinese New Year!! Fireworks for Frank eh!

The Dancing Queen was one of many frostbit mushie bulbs I've dealt with this season.It did manage to carry on and send a scape with Big Fluffy Blooms.Stressed and Faded but Beauty none for less.(I've had my days this Winter of feeling stressed,faded and frostbitten.hahaha....I keep working on the "beauty" part of that.)

The Benchbuds has a 3 scape Grandeur,2 scape Magic Green,2 scape Temptation,2 scape Exotica,2 scape Aphrodite and the little guy blooming is Santa Cruz.Most all of these bulbs are doing ok for late season,frozen etc.They appear quite exhausted already pre bloom.I am fortunate and very grateful to all of you for your info filled posts and problem solving cultural techniques...My Interior Decorator is in her treehouse and passed on this photo session.She'll appear as she wants.C'est comme Elle veut t'ze

{{gwi:375243}}

{{gwi:375244}}

{{gwi:375245}}

{{gwi:375247}}

Peace and Be Well all, Mark

Comments (20)

• anna_in_quebec
    15 years ago

Ah, Interior Decorator? = cat? I think I see a kitty condo there :) Fireworks is gob-smacking gorgeous, as the Brits say! Just stunning - where did you obtain her? And all those buds pushing up - such anticipation, eh?

Thanks for sharing!!

• ryan820
    15 years ago

Wow-- I love fireworks. I want one. Can I have yours?

Ryan

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Simply Marvelous! Fireworks is fantastic! I love it! I also like Dancing Queen very much! Santa Cruz is really pretty... and all those buds... how wonderful! Really great photography, Mark! I think you're doing fine!

Thanks very much for sharing... they're all lovely!

• cindeea
    15 years ago

"Gob-smacking" indeed! I haven't heard that in a looong time! Fireworks is beautiful! And Dancing Queen is holding her own. She's such a girly flower. Mark your counter and plants are so very neat and tidy! Mine are all helter skelter! Here kittty, kitty! What kind do you have? I have 2-a tabby and a tortie

• Noni Morrison
    15 years ago

I not only love your Fireworks, but the picture is spectacular. I would like to have print of that I could frame! Just a beautiful, artful shot!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    15 years ago

I love Dancing Queen! It was one of the bulbs I bought in bloom last year (the first sign of CHAD) at a local sale.
    Love the sculpture of the Hippeastrum Guardian Angel!
    ;-)
    Kristi

• blancawing
    15 years ago

Greetings Mark,

Thank you so much for your beautiful photos!

Cheers,

Blanca

• salpal
    15 years ago

Wow! Fireworks IS something to see and check out all those scapes! Very nice photos!

• frank27603
    15 years ago

Mark- Those blooms are amazing and I love the Fireworks for Frank! Thank you! The color and shape of Fireworks is fantastic! Red is so hard to capture, but you absolutely nailed it! It looks almost like we could reach out and touch it in the photo. That one is going on the top of my "to get" list!

I still haven't acquired Dancing Queen yet either. She is stunning as is Santa Cruz as well! You sure have a bench full of fun there! I can't wait to see the photos of all those bloomers especially Grandeur and Magic Green! Please tell your interior decorator to come out for a photo op next time!

-Frank

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

I do love that angel statue... it really brings out the red, and it reminds me of the miracle that plants and flowers really are... Frank's right when he says you nailed the color photographically!

• pumas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everybody for your kind words.
    Anna- Thanks for the new term we can use...GSG= gob smacking gorgeous

Ryan-I'll try my best to get you a Fireworks.This specific one belongs to Frank cuz it bloomed on his Birthday.

Liza- We're doing our best with ftozen bulbs this year eh? Glad you like the photo.Please copy it or I can email you a larger version that you can print as you choose

Kristi-You know I love your posts and info's.Some of your seed crosses sound fantastic...I hope my Exotica blooms well for me as it did for you and Maria.Gordie is fantastik! Your ExoticaGordie Cross is gonna be spectacular!

Blanca- Cheers to you there too! I've seen you're blooms and pix...Yah I like'm

Salpal-You staying warm across the river there? hahahah Do you need my Interior Designer to visit you? So far she's being very good.

Frank buddy-I'm so glad you passed a good Birthday.No need to have Fireworks on your wish list.This one is your's and I will mail it to you as soon as warmer weather permits.It seems fitting you have it because it bloomed on your Birthday.The DQ and Santa Cruz are not good for adoption.They are COMPLETELY exhausted.Santa Cruz's second scape aborted

Jodi- You've always got the kindest words and best intentions for all here.The Angel has special private meanings for me.It is a replica of a Bronze Memeorial Statue made for TWA Flight 800 victims.The crash was in 1996.The Statue is in Montoursville,PA

Hopefully I'll have a few more blooms to photo soon.......Peace and Be well everyone.......Where's Maria? I hope She and family did not get caught up in any of that Ice Storm. Mark

• frank27603
    15 years ago

Mark- That is awfully generous of you, but I wouldn't feel right accepting your prized bulb! Don't you want to see it bloom again next year?

Your posts always have so much personality. I can never correctly articulate here and feel that my humor gets lost...LOL!

Now where is that decorator hiding?

-Frank

• pumas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Frank- Yes I'd like to see it bloom again....At YOUR house.No pressure on this end to accept it as a gift to you..It's "Fireworks for Frank" as I said before...no worries Mark

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Mark, I lived in Washington, PA for a short time, and I knew several of the Officers who worked that crash... it's a beautiful statue... and that's really the perfect flower to show it to advantage.

Fireworks is a WFF bulb, correct? I can't remember where I saw it before... making my list for next year already!

I just call 'em how I see 'em, Mark... you guys are the growers and photographers! :-)

• frank27603
    15 years ago

That is so nice of you Mark. I would love to have it!

-Frank

• pumas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Frank- Your Fireworks opened a third bud today.It's explosive.I'll get this bulb in the mail to you sometime soon when the weather warms a bit.Hopefully I can keep the bulb from declining too much post bloom.I'll do my best to keep it healthy for ya..Mark

• Noni Morrison
    15 years ago

THank you for permission to print your picture! Yes, if you have time and energy to mail me the bigger file, I will maybe even take it into the photo shop and have it printed out as a poster size. My email is lilymolady@gmail.com. If you do not get around to it, I will just copy this pic.Thanks for the explanation of the angel. That makes it even more special.

• frank27603
    15 years ago

I just wanted to post and update on 'Fireworks' for Frank. He arrived expertly packaged with care and is adjusting very nicely to his new home. He is a big, beautiful bulb and is currently sending up leaves from both of his necks.
    {{gwi:375248}}From Misc

Thank you again Mark! I will take excellent care of him.

-Frank

• pumas
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow Frank buddy.You're most welcome there.Cant wait to see it explode at your house.Quite possible it has more scapes en route.You sure cleaned it up and gave it a new home.Couldnt ask for anything better.I was able to get 2 more Fireworks before they sold out for the year.My Mother has one and I have one that just blew up starting yesterday.I'll try to get a good pic tomorrow.You're having some snow there eh? Still Winter here as well. Peace,Mark

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Wow! A double necker! Check that out! Very cool!

I'm wondering how gorgeous that will look with scapes coming up through both necks! I wonder if that bulb will want to split in the future... and become two bulbs? With Hippeastrum, you just never know what they'll do!

Nice potting job! It looks very healthy!

Sponsored
More Discussions