SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
java_j

Help for Candy Floss

java_j
15 years ago

Candy Floss is requesting help please.

This bulb is on its third year. It bloomed the first year that I had it and again the next year.

This year I left it outside with my adults and when the leaves came off I brought it into the garage. At that time I noticed that the soil was a bit damp on top so I removed enough soil so that in no longer felt damp.

The bulb was not squishy, but it does have red splotches. I dusted it with sulfur and put it back in the garage. That was two weeks ago.

Here are pictures.

{{gwi:373945}}

{{gwi:373947}}

What I am wondering is what to do next. Except for the red blotches, the bulb and babies look OK. It certainly has lots of roots.

My house is not exactly warm. It is 63 F now and it has been unseasonally warm for the last two weeks. I prefer to wait until the weather warms before awakening the sleeping bulbs. I'm thinking of waiting until March.

My first thought was to just put fresh soil on top of the roots now that things have dried out.

My next idea was to leave it as it is until I am ready to awaken it. Then I would remove the remaining soil and take a look at the bulb. I'm not sure what the point of that would be unless I gave it a modified hot water treatment in an attempt to get rid of the red.

I thought about doing the water treatment now, but it did not make much sense to do so and then expect the bulb to sleep for another month. I'm also not sure that a hot water treatment won't kill any bloom that is currently inside. Not that I know there is a bloom inside.

Any ideas?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions