SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arockerdude

Autumn Blaze Maple Leaves Drying out ?????

arockerdude
14 years ago

I am having a problem with my Autumn Blaze Maple treeÂs leaves drying out. This problem happens every year since I planted it five years ago. Right when it is time for the tree to turn the red blaze colors the leaves dry up and fall off. I have posted my tree here before and was told that this looks more like water deprivation than fungus. So this Summer I made sure I watered it every week and I watered deep. But this year the leaves dried out just like the past four or five years. I am starting to wonder if it may be some type of Verticillium Wilt. Here are a few pictures of the tree and its leaves. You can see at least one branch towards the top of the tree that is not too dried out. It seems the newest leaves towards the ends of the branches and the top of the tree are the last to dry out. The side of tree were this starts out at is the side that gets the most sun and also it faces my rose, pumpkin, squash, cantaloupe garden (fungus susceptible plants) We do have a heat wave right about the same time this happens every year. I also wonder if the lawn fertilizer might be burning the leaves.

Can you guys please take a look at the pictures below and tell me what you think the problem may be? I appreciate you guys helping me out. Take care. Dave

{{gwi:437648}}
{{gwi:437649}}
{{gwi:437650}}
{{gwi:437651}}

Comments (5)