SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenlarry_gw

Photographing tree for a book!

greenlarry
16 years ago

This is something I've dreamt of doing for years and today I had an idea. There are some fine trees in my town and I would love to capture them on film as it were(actually a 6 MP digi,tho I also have a Canon film camera). I have a fair amount of photographic experience(recently completed a 2 year course and had a photo of a tree published on a calendar) and would love the chance to do a book on the trees of Darlington. What i will do first is get lots of pics together on a website and see how it looks. I went out today and got some pics but capturing them is not easy. You need to be a distance away if you want to get the full profile,and then you get every other neighbouring tree in also. I have looked in Thomas Packenham's books tho and I noticed a lot show just the bole(if big and impressive enough) or a shot into the canopy. Anyone tried this sort of thing,either for a book or postcards(another possible route)Its about time i put my photo skills to good use and made something of myself rather than just putting it off then saying Its too late blah blah

Comments (13)