SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

Just didn't think it through and now look what I got.

User
13 years ago

Well, quite a few of my orders are here and I am somewhat disgruntled. Against all instinct, I seem to have ordered a couple of roses which, while absolutely lovely in themselves, will look ridiculous in my garden. What was I thinking of? A refined little climber, Nahema, and a stonking great rennaissance rose Claire/Liliana(I have NO excuse with this as I already own one which is a problem). There are no box edges where they are going, no nice trellis and no little brick paths. Or arches and arbours. It is a rather tatty collection of a gazillion favourite plants jostling for position with a collection of homemade timber supports for various veg, now colonised by roses and climbers. There are a lot of weeds, other erm 'structures' and a random selection of flowering shrubs and trees. In short, these delicate roses are going to look ridiculous in the hurly-burly of my allotment. Spins, most ramblers, lots of bigger shrubs and best of all. wild roses, look fantastic with the brambles, apples and perennials.I blame greed, poor judgement and great photos. They are going to a customer and I am buying myself R.pomifera duplex. Senses regained.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz