SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

oh noes, here we go again

User
10 years ago

with another storm battering - this time, the worst tidal surge for 60 years and massive gales. As far as we know, the wood is so far only slightly flooded at the riverside edge (the Yare has totally overtopped) but we still have no idea how much damage has been caused by high winds (although we will know soon enough on Sunday). I had been feeling terribly ambivalent about moving fully to the woods but are now looking to try to find a local rental while keeping the horsebox for weekends, holidays and generally for mucking about while we build a garden (so, thankfully, that has also crossed livestock off the list). On top of all this, our blind and aging collie has become weakened and may well be going into the last stage of her life (she is over 16) - although she is still eating (too much) and keen to go for a (very slow and short) walk.
Finally, the icing on the cake is the increased numbers of insane customers in my life. For the last decade, we have been able to take on a few large design and build projects to pay the bills but now Mr.Campanula is unable to work (much), I have had to reinvent myself as a jobbing gardener again. Since we never advertise, most of our customers are word of mouth and all seem to know each other which means they have certain things in common, including being completely batshit, to a man or woman, utter loons.

Comments (16)