SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

Best roses of the year - please post your pics.

strawchicago z5
12 years ago

We have a thread of Nastiest Roses with Paul Neyron leading the pack as the wretched dog of the PP rose family, or Perpetual Puck. Hence I start a new thread on the Perpetual Bliss, or PB family of roses.

My best roses of the year are: Golden Celebration, Radio Times, and Mary Magdalene. I was so drunken with Golden Cel. scent and majesty that I forgot to take pictures. My kid thinks Golden Celebration smells like cupcakes. A few Golden Cel. can make your house smell festive like a cross between a florist shop and a bakery.

I like Radio Times for its strong Damask scent. I keep sticking my nose into it for my escape to heaven. Radio Times foliage is really pretty, 100% healthy. I like Mary Magdalene for its compact and graceful swirls of branches. The scent is addictive, it's like the myrrh incense in the Catholic Church, or the cozy smell of a burning fireplace. I miss her scent the most in the winter.

Radio Times and Mary together, I'm sorry I didn't rotate the picture.

{{gwi:328108}}

Mary Magdalene during Thanksgiving. Someone else rated her scent as better than Tamora, Scepter d' Isle, and Ambridge. I agree wholeheartedly - it's a very pleasant myrrh mixed with tea.

{{gwi:219980}}

Radio Times during Thanksgiving. It gave me another bouquet in December despite the frost.

{{gwi:328109}}

Radio Times bush in late November. The foliage is still pretty in the winter. The white stuff is corn meal dusting against blackspots for our rainy weather.

{{gwi:328112}}

What are your best roses of the year? Any pictures posted would be greatly appreciated. If not, please describe the scent so I can enjoy - thank you for my shopping list for the future.

Comments (13)