SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
molineux_gw

RMV free Reine des Violettes!

Molineux
16 years ago

Great news! I just got an E-mail message from Greg Lowery at VINTAGE GARDENS and their mother plant of REINE DES VIOLETTES is the devirused form they received from Malcolm Manners at Florida Southern College.

I'm still waiting for a reply from The Antique Rose Emporium. As for Heirloom Roses, it isn't listed in their online catalog.

Posted on the Heritage Rose Foundation forum, Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 07:03pm by Malcolm M. Manners

I thought I'd answered this -- maybe on another thread??? Anyway, we heat-treated Reine des Violettes back in the mid-1980s. Our plant came from Roses of Yesterday and Today, and had their ubiquitous strain of prunus necrotic ringspot virus in it. The heat therapy was successful, and we've maintained it virus-free ever since. Now, as to commercial sources -- I'm sorry to say that I did not keep good records in those early years, and my memory is not what it once was. But I'd think ARE, Vintage, and Heirloom would have our clean version. Perhaps they could tell you. If they don't, I still have it and would be delighted to distribute it to any nurseries who want to propagate it.

Image of RdV by Randy (gnabonnand) previously posted at the Best Purple thread.

{{gwi:247540}}

Comments (80)