SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
both_gw

Frustrated with climbers

both
16 years ago

I have ripped out my William Baffin this summer. No repeat ever after four years. I always wanted a dark pink climber on my pergola. Two years ago I ripped out The Blaze Improved and replaced it with Awakening. It is a good rose but it is such a light pink. Rosarian Uterson is only two canes and four feet high planted early summer 2006. John Davis no repeat bloom and mildew this year. I have two Viking Queens planted 2006 only three feet high. Last year I planted two Ramblin Reds and they are about ten feet high and blooming their socks off!!!and have been all summer. Where is a pink RR!!! These roses get full sun about eight hours except for the three John Davis that get full sun most of the summer until the earth changes and the neighbor's house shadows. I am ready to try and train Apple Jack and Carefree Delight as climbers and see if I have more luck. Oh and I should not forget the Fourth of July that is still trying to get taller that 6 feet after three years and is realy a shrub. Just wanted to vent thanks Amy

Comments (18)