SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harmonyp

Bella Roma Love and Why Do I Make Lists?

harmonyp
11 years ago

I have more rose "wish lists" than carter has pills. Each time I look at a list, I make cross outs of roses I no longer must have and add new ones, or just start a new list. But it seems like almost all my purchases are on whim. I find my way into a nursery, find a rose I fall in love with, and the lists just iterate.

I finally dug up 6 fan palm trees that were coming up in the middle of my climbing roses. A past resident must have planted them along the fence line, and after 2 years of water on the climbers, they came to life. One was 4' high (fortunately and unfortunately they don't have deep root systems) Hating to be wasteful, I dumped them in my trunk, and drove them over to my favorite local nursery to donate. It was a good excuse to go over and peruse the roses.

Last two times I was there, a Golden Wings and then a Sugar Moon found their way into my car. Today it was Bella Roma.

I have never seen her before today. She has one beyond fabulous bloom - the most bright light yellow - like a light bulb, surrounded by soft pink. It filled my entire car (a smelly old car that carts around wet dogs) with luscious fragrance.

That now makes 6 short of 100 roses, with only 13 left to cage from gophers. It is a beautiful fall, with blooms opening everywhere.

Oh well, the lists don't hurt anything. And I have actually ordered a few roses from them.

Comments (5)