SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Anyone grow Easter Basket?

dublinbay z6 (KS)
16 years ago

I've been searching high and low for a yellow/pink blend--preferably a shorter or medium-sized floribunda, though a HT might work. Just ran across Easter Basket, a 2007 introduction, but can find little info. on it. There is one gorgeous pic of it on an older gallery posting, and maybe 2 or 3 short comments on the forum. So help me out, if you can.

I love the soft, frilly look. Evidently it opens creamy yellow? Picks up a pale pink blush around the edges? Darker pink with age? One poster said she didn't like the aging look, but based on the HMF photos, I rather like it--though the part yellow/part pink blush is my favorite stage. Is the aging bloom unattractive? I rather like the idea of the changing colors.

Is the overall effect subtle or dramatic?

How does it respond to lots of sun and heat? I hope it doesn't bleach out white. Or blow quickly.

Disease-resistance?

What else should I know? (Don't tell me it is a 10 ft behemoth in California. Since I'm in Kansas, that info. isn't much help to me.) The catalog descriptions mention good repeat, but slight fragrance. I can live with that.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Kate

Comments (5)