SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alwayzbgrateful

Multiple buds grafted onto one rootstock

Alwayzbgrateful
10 years ago

I was out at a local nursery today and they had "new rose plants " they were trying to promote. Apparently the plant had at least five different varieties grafted onto one single rootstock. I asked the nursery owners all the following questions, but they couldn't give me any answers. BUT this is coming from the same place I asked what book or article they best recommended to novice rose gardeners for identifying different foliar diseases, especially the ones commonly confused with(and or referred to as) black spot. Their answer, you ask?? "Its blackspot, not BLACK SPOTS if you have black spots on your leaves, then you know what it is. Its not rocket science" (Yea I know) Anywhoo, back to my question. Is it possible to grow several diff varieties on one rootstock without difficulties a raising? Wouldnt one or two types take over ? Over time will the plant use more energy trying to accommodate so many grafts? This is the first time I've ever seen anything like this so im just curious about the effects on the plant.
Thank you all for your help!
Have a blessed day
Lyna♥

Comments (10)