SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
timgoodin

Holly Collection Univ of Alabama, Tuscaloosa

Tim
18 years ago

The Holly Society of America lists the University of Alabama Arboretum at Tuscaloosa as having a collection of Holly (Ilex). Can anyone tell me or point me to more information on the cultivars or any information about the collection?

My family and I are planning a vacation in the Mobile area and I wanted to visit the arboretum along the way.

Thanks

Tim

Comments (2)

• tedevore
    18 years ago

I have walked through the arboretum at least a dozen times. My girlfriend lives practically next to it. I do not recall seeing any designated Holly collection.
    They have a nice little wildflower area, some pretty gardens, some intertesting native azaleas, and of course lots of labeled trees and some nice paths through the woods. Bluebird boxes with little bitty eggs I saw this weekend.

The people working there are very nice, and they have let me look around in the geen houses, where they grow stuff for a plant sale they have every year, which they just had this last weekend. I keep meaning to buy a membership so I will get their newsletter.

So there is a long winded reply that probably doesn't specifically answer your question.

Todd

• auhort1990
    18 years ago

I never new they had aboretum...but now I do!

Here is their web address. Email them and ask about the hollies.

http://www.bama.ua.edu/~arboretum/

Here is a link that might be useful: Univ. of AL. Arboretum

Sponsored