SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

I' m ecstatic -have found more room for roses, please help choose

Looking up at my house from the bottom of the driveway (at least 30 feet up) today, I realized how plain the house looks from there. All you can really see is weathered redwood fencing around the whole side of the house, with the deck and pergola/loggia hidden behind trees. Outside the fence there is a dirt ledge about 3-5 feet wide before the ground drops steeply, stretching at least 100 feet. How would that look with a half dozen fat, chunky, sun-loving, drought-resistant tea roses? Right now it is decorated with half-dead ground cover. My colors closer to the house are lavender, pink, purple and white with yellow and gold accents. For the area outside the fence I thought a different color scheme of warm-colored teas might be beautiful. I'm thinking Clementina Carbonieri, Monsieur Tillier, General Gallieni, Rosetty Delizy, etc. I would prefer the teas to be more spreading than tall so as not to obscure the mountain and valley vistas. I'm really excited at this unexpected project (never mind that my lavender rose project hasn't even been started!), and fortunately my husband is a completely willing and uncomplaining hole digger and planter. I'd probably need about five to six LARGE, spectacular teas. Jeri, I'm counting on you, among others.

Thank you kindly in advance. I'm so excited!

Ingrid

Comments (3)