SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kats1_gw

Growing roses from seed

kats1
16 years ago

I was hoping someone would be able to explain how to grow roses from seed and maybe also how long it takes to grow it from seed to when it has a bulb and I can put it outside.

I have 3 distinct kinds right now. The first is my fav! I found her at my garden place in town and its a tea rose I'm pretty sure. Its the most amazing english smell and its light light yellow with the smallest hint of pink right down at the petel, almost not notisable. No one knew what kind it was or really how long it had been there so I snatched it up. The seeds grow on the outside it looks like. Never seen that before.

The other is a pink mini rose but if you look at it you would not think that! Its a mammoth bush now with blooms all over all year round and the hips are like any other wild one I guess. They grow like a big bulb! The other I didn't get many blooms this year, he's my dawn wahn! lol amazing red and smell but I think he'll have to move this fall.

Anyways! Since its a long line of rose growers that are now gone and past in my family I wanted to see if I could do it too since I have developed the green thumb! Now if someone could let me know that would be great!! Oh and it should be noted I guess that my fav rose with no name had been attacked very badly this year by japanesse beatles so thats why I am so suprised it had anything left after what they did to them! Thanks again for any help! Also another quick note, if anyone is in my area I was wondering if they noticed dock spiders?! You can't miss that!!

Comment (1)