SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chelsea_gardener

I hope I'm moving to Anniston

chelsea_gardener
18 years ago

Aloha all,

My name is Terry and I'm presently living in Hawaii. I'm orginally from Oregon where I was an Oregon Certified Nurseryperson. I used to manage garden centers and I have owned two flower shops. I think my husband and I are going to be moving to Anniston in the next few months. I am so excited. We have been living in a condominium in Hawaii and I'm ready to trade it for some acreage where I can garden again.

My husband just returned from a trip there last week and we may have already found a house we want to buy. One of my concerns is that he said there were ant hills around the perimiter of the lawn area. Should I be concerned about fire ants? Is it realistic to just treat your yard once a year or will the ants continue to creep in from the woods?

When I look at the houses for sale on the internet it also looks like many people just leave their yards in a wild state instead of making flower beds and landscaping. Is it really that difficult to garden in Alabama?

I hope some of you can give me some advice. I am really looking forward to living in Alabama.

Terry

Comments (19)

Sponsored