SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelajgood

Need help with planting roses near foundation

angelajgood
16 years ago

Hi,

I am a very new to gardening and especially to roses. I have ordered several and am having a difficult time with exactly how close to plant some of them to the house. Also how much elbow room do they really need if grown as a climber? I would appreciate any advise.

Celine Forestier: I am going to plant this near the corner of the house and train it to climb up the corner by attaching it to the wood as it grows.

Cornelia: I am planting her at the corner of the porch to climb up the open work on the corner and across the porch rail (if possible).

Felicia: Plan to plant her the same way as Cornelia on the opposite corner of the porch.

Le Vesuve: I am going to plant this one near the corner of the house that juts out on the north side. I want it is as close to the house as possible, but don't want to plant it too close for circulation, etc.

Souvenir du Dr. Jamain: Going to train along the fence in the back of the house.

New Dawn: Train against the back of the garage wall.

BTW, I just got these yesterday from ARE and was amazed at how great they were packaged and how wonderful they looked upon arrival. They by far exceeded my expectations.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Angela

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County