SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittymoonbeam

Changeable roses drive me crazy

kittymoonbeam
11 years ago

Do you have a rosebush that makes roses all year that you don't like and then suddenly in a stretch of changing weather makes a flower that you utterly adore?

I feel this way about my Twilight Zone and Lady Jane Grey. I decided so many times that I would send both to another home. Somebody who loved the smoky purple of Ebb Tide or a soft orangy chiffon. I just got the most amazing TZ. Perfect in shape and rich burgundy magenta with just a hint of plum. The color is so amazing right now. I don't recall any rose ever with this royal clor. It looks like hand dyed silk. The fragrance is rich and sweet ( rose-fruit, my favorite) I wish I didn't have to wait so long for them. All summer long, I've been looking at flowers I don't care for.

Lady Jane is the same way. I wait and wait for the soft pink peach dream roses with the hint of yellow. What I get all year is yellowy orange flowers that I think are just ok. I think all summer that I am going to dig it out and make room for something I really want and then along comes a rose fit for a catalog cover.

Roses. They can't be like other flowers at all. No, they have to be temperamental and full of surprises.

Comments (11)