SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lgafricanearth

Warm Climate David Austin Rose Heights

L G
9 years ago

Good day

I am from South Africa and have only this week been able to buy some of the newer Austin varieties that have not been tested in South Africa yet. Prior to now, the David Austins available to the South African market have been very limited and I am VERY VERY excited to have been able to obtain these new varieties.

My current challenge is where to plant these beauties as there is no history in their performance in a South African setting, especially with regards to expected height / width. I would therefore greatly appreciate any input from people with warmer climates regarding their expected height / any other relevant information on their performance in similar climates (We live in a summer rainfall area with summer temperatures ranging between 23 -35 degrees celsius - let me see that would be 73.4 - 95 degrees F; and winter temperatures seldomly below 0 degrees Celcius.)

I got:
Munstead Wood
Boscobel
Strawberry Hill
Lady of Shallot
Alnwick Rose
Princess Alexandria of Kent

I am also considering Heathcliff, Queen of Sweden, Generous Gardener and James Galway and have to choose between Claire Austin, Lichfield Angel and Tranquility for a white although the photos of Claire Austin are beautiful.

Sorry for this long post and thank you in advance for any advice / comments.

Comments (16)