SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynneinperth

What would look good with Angel Face?

LynneinPerth
12 years ago

I've got 6 Angel Face rose bushes and I'm not sure what companion plants to put in front of, between and behind them in their garden bed.

I live in Perth, Western Australia and we have a hot Mediterranean climate. I've got a cottage theme, with lots of roses, camellias, gardenias, azaleas, a magnolia tree, wisteria and lots of small cottage plants.

For my Angel Face roses, I'm going to plant them in a row in a bed alongside a boundary wall. I'm thinking of their dark leaves and the mauve colour of the flowers, plus the fact that the bushes are quite small so I couldn't put anything too large in front of them.

I'm trying to decide whether to go white, pink, mauve or possibly pale lemon. My other rose bushes are going to have lavender, salvia blue and/or catmint around them. Would these work with Angel Face or is it too much purple/blue? I had thought of white vincas, but someone told me they draw too much nourishment away from the roses - is that true? Options for behind the roses - I'm thinking of a screening plant like murraya (orange jessamine) or plumbago (white or purple?).

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Comments (11)