SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blujen_gw

BS Aftermath - How do i help my roses?

Hello everyone, i'm mostly a lurker here, but need some advice from you experts please! I've had a bad right hand all year, essentially unusable all season, and had a bone actually removed from my wrist in July. I'm still unable to use the hand for more than 1 lb of pressure, so i've shamefully neglected my roses this year, and they look PITIFUL.

They are stricken with blackspot, and yesterday for the first time all year I managed to spray the front bed (took 45 minutes for 40 roses)with the bayer advanced disease control. I plan to get the other beds bit by bit.

In a normal year I fertilize with just a generic 10 10 10 every month april thru august 1, and a few feedings of alfalfa pellets 2-3 times in the spring. This year they got one dose of fertilizer and one dose of alfalfa in the spring, and that was it until Thursday when my mother in law came over and weeded and fertilized with garden tone.

I know this is a novel, but how can I help my roses come back? I cant do anything fast but I wont be back to work for at least 6 more weeks and I will keep up the BS spraying, Is it too late for more alfalfa? Is there some booster that you would recommend for them? I was looking at Response at rosemania but I'm not sure that's what I need? I'm really worried they wont be strong enough to overwinter as depleted as they look right now...

Thank you for your time!

Comments (25)