SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hartwood_gw

Louis Ginter Fall Plant Sale

hartwood
15 years ago

I played hookey this morning. I'm supposed to be finishing my presentation on Rose Photography that I have to give on Sunday, but my brain was beginning to fry. I can only prepare so much . . . then I have to just get up there and talk.

To clear my head, and to reward myself for choosing all the photos for my presentation, I decided to head to the Lewis Ginter Fall plant sale to see if there was anything wonderful that I can't live without. At the very least, a friend of mine has a booth there, and I could shoot the breeze with him for a little while.

Rick's Custom Nursery always has a good selection of unusual plants, and today was no exception. I left with some Rodgersia, japanese anemone, and two of those little Angel Wings mini China roses -- a double white and a single pink.

I found the best treasures at the Louis Ginter booth, and I had to tell the rest of you -- they are selling the roses that they have left over from their new rose garden they put in this year . . . from Roses Unlimited! ...and they're $12. If you are in the vicinity and you're inclined to stop by, you may find a treasure too. There was a good supply of Green Ice, some random David Austin's, a beautiful Russell's Cottage or two, some Red Cascade, Iceberg, Engelmann's Quest (from ARE), and a bunch that had tags so faded we couldn't read them.

I picked up Mrs. R. M. Finch, Borderer, and Mystic Beauty.

Connie

Comments (5)