SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zenobia0000_gw

Please help-spider mites?

zenobia0000
15 years ago

I have searched the forums and have tried a couple of sprays (Bayer rose spray) and Safer insectecidal soap, I even tried the Bayer 3 in 1 that you pour in the ground as the rose guy at the farmer's market suggested, but my roses are still covered in spider mites, or at least their webs!

I don't know what to do excpept cutting them down, please help. Do you have any advice or suggestions?

Just as a background, these are bareroot roses that I planted this spring. They were doing exceptionally well, until the aphids attacked. Well i got rid of those effectively with Safer, but now I have some that are just covered with spider mite webs. None of the treatments seem to work, and I feel like I might lose one of my Compte du Chambord roses. (Is that variety more suseptible?)

(In fact, I have two Compte du Chambord and one is dying from a spider mite infestation and the other one, which is not by 3 feet from it, is growing really tall, but it has no buds on this last growth. Is that normal? The one with the infestation has a flower!)

Also, I'm having fungus/mildew issues. The brown spot kind, but I don't water at night. The soaker hose goes off at night and in the morning, what else could be causing this?

Any help and advice will be greatly appriciated!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm