SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

Hillside photos and slope (ugly)

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
13 years ago

This is our worst year ever. I think that including the heat index we have reached over 100 for the 2 months that I have been out of school. I can do nothing after about noon, so I start at daybreak.

My slope needs basic maintenance now. Here are the pics"

{{gwi:304320}}

{{gwi:304321}}

{{gwi:304322}}

{{gwi:304323}}

The third picture shows the slope the best. It also shows my poison ivy bag. After the slope of the hill there is a plateau, then a small creek and greenery on the other side.

At this point I will go into the creek and start taking rocks to put on the hill. We will plant 4-6 crape myrtles, and try to keep rose beds at the top. The hill is eroding fast, so I need something that will be almost a guarantee that it will stop the erosion. We think the rock were originally put on the hill, so we are going to replace them.

I will start thinking about the hill as a number of small plots to work on. You can see my first one with the SDLM to be deadheaded, and then then Bubble Bath hybrid musk. To the left is my wonderful Cramoisi Superieur and a smaller one.

I appreciate all of your input, and will take careful notes, and may make changes this year if needed. I will be keeping this area clean with Round Up, and using a roller when I am close to the Crape Myrtles. We are digging out the Carefree Delights, The Fairy, Eutins and some others that are filled with poison ivy,and I cannot clean them.

I am pretty sure that Texas has had our weather. I hope the rest of you have had some cool days, and not such heat every day. The sidewalks are even too hot to walk the dogs - I do that before the sun comes up.

I am down to about 150 rose bushes, and need to make life a little easier on myself.

Thanks for reading - I am sorry it is so long.

Sammy

Comments (14)