SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scissorgui

Why are my leaves turning brown and drying

scissorgui
13 years ago

So I am new to gardening this year. After years of watching my pappy and granny grow roses, I decided to do a rose garden. Now I have always heard that roses require a lot of work, so I did my homework. I brought in new topsoil, made sure it drained properly, researched the different hybrids to find ones that are disease resistant, and tried to make sure that I spaced the bushes properly. We ended up deciding on the Sundance, Pope John Paul II, Disneyland, Sedona, Billy Graham, and Opening Night.

Now when we brought them home, the leaves had some dried brown spots on them, and I figured this was just from them being in the planters at the nursery, since it quickly disappeared on them, and did not reoccur on most of the new growth. However, on the Billy Graham it has persisted. Even the new growth turns brown after of couple of days. I make sure that I water in the morning, and only at the base. And I am using Miracle-gro for Roses once a week. I really love the blooms on the plant, and want it to do well. Please help!

Comments (26)