SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnysideuphill

JB's in Ogunquit!

sunnysideuphill
16 years ago

I have been visiting Ogunquit Maine since spring of 78 - that's where I saw my first single rugosas (my grandparents had a Hansa [?) that has suckered descendents all over the family). My husband and I, and the two girls, and now me and the girls and two granddaughters, have returned at least once every year since then... Anyway - I have always envied the town's lack of JB's. No more! Sadly, in several pink and white beach roses along Marginal Way - I saw blossoms with gathered-in petals, pried them open, and GASP there they were.....

Hello York County - please tell me it is a local and isolated phenom.....

Comments (2)

• veilchen
    16 years ago

sunnyside, York Co. is very well infested with JBs, probably more so than any other county in ME. I live approx. 20 miles north of Ogunquit and have been dealing with severe infestation of JBs since we bought this garden 8 years ago. I have lived in coastal York Co. for 10 years and there have always been JBs. If you never noticed the JBs in Ogunquit before, maybe they just hadn't "discovered" that particular rose patch. They seem to thrive a little better slightly inland rather than directly on the ocean. Although it's really not pleasant when lounging on the beach to have the dumb things land in your hair, like the other day.

• sunnysideuphill
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, limited observations is the explanation - when in Ogunquit, I spend all my time not actually on the beach either on or near Marginal Way, so "on the ocean" is the defining phrase. Thanks!