SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Overly Ambitious Gardeners Anonymous

Join OAGA. You probably already qualify. IÂm founding this support group today, after a 3 inch snowfall put paid to my plans of safely sheltering all the sale perennials I bought in September.

Between seemingly non-stop rain, or cold, or cold and rain, my windows of opportunity seem to evaporate before I could get more than a few things done. First it was the rain, that seemingly went on for weeks; at least it rained on any day when I was home to plant. Then the ground froze. I bought top soil to put on the garden to plant into that. Then the ground was frozen too hard to sink the pots into the veggie garden as planned. I bought bags of mulch to protect the potted perennials I was going to shelter . . . somewhere. Then the mulch froze.

Over Thanksgiving weekend the clock was ticking but I was too busy planting the 1300 + bulbs I also bought in September. Instead of cleaning the house before my guests arrived, I was planting bulbs. I knew the snow was coming. I worked like a demon. It was supposed to be an inch.

OAGA is also the sound you make when you look outside and realize that your remaining plants are doomed.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner