SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjcfnp

Growing Monstera deliciosa Liebm / Split Leaf Philodendron

sjcfnp
14 years ago

Hello to all Garden Webbers -

I am new to this forum and should introduce myself. My name is Sheri and I live in southern MS. I came across the forum while researching the web and trying to figure why my philodendron leaves are yellow. not all - just some. seems to be predominantly new growth. They are outdoors, shaded area, potted, and recieve what I assume is adequate indirect lighting. I suspect they may be too moist and also wonder if the light is not enough. They are under a carport.

I received 3 of these potted plants as a gift. When they arrived they were primarily rootballs with lots of new growth shooting out. One of the plants has taken off, growing rapidly and seems to be loving life. However the other 2 seem to be struggling with yellowish baby leaves. I have babied them and can't seem to figure what will make them happier.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Also - please forgive if this has already been posted somewhere. I have looked for info to answer the question and only have a limited amount of time. Your advice or if you could direct to the appropriate forum for this advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Sheri

Comments (6)

Sponsored