SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kippy_the_hippy

A Tea Garden

Kippy
9 years ago

I have been trying to figure what to do with the lowest part of the yard. It has a few plants/trees that are staying and is set to be the low spot should we get rain. I have the center of this fairly hot and sunny 40x50 aprox area to do something with, I can make the center bigger and change the shape some. This year it is pumpkins, goards and watermelons. But I am thinking it would make a nice "Tea Garden" Madame Lombard is already down there along with the fence line of big roses

There is some shade if needed. A couple of climbers up posts/rebar arches might be nice. And there are places for taller and shorter. I would like to define a couple of entry points. It is visible from the street gates, I am not trying to completely block the view but would like to direct the view It would be a nice place to sit and visit with the neighbors as well. The house has a nice view down there too

Judging from the out of stock listings, I have some time to work on the layout, elevations and hard scape .

Any suggestions as better Teas or ones to skip?

Since the two teas in my propagation box both look pretty sorry, when and how have any of you had success in starting them? Shameless request for cuttings if you think they will start. I figure I will keep in large pots for a bit while I decide if the layout works and decide about the three marginal fruit trees in the general area. A sickly orange mom wanted out, the pear with the fireblight issues and the odd shaped peach we already replaced and decided we like others better

Thanks!!

Comments (88)