SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupshaped_roses

I cried - my garden was perfect - done.

cupshaped_roses
13 years ago

Yesterday I cried - I sat in my small back yard and later front yard - I got so overwhelmed - lots of rain in the spring (no need to water) - perfect sunny dry days now that the roses are blooming - and I looked around my garden. Everything neatly trimmed, deadheaded - neat and perfect. My Foxgloves and Delphiniums 6- 7 feet tall and unbelievable. The scent of roses - mixed with the scent of Mock Orange and masses of Dianthus Plumarius was divine. The sun - the colors perfectly coordinated and matched - all the years of hard work and love for roses and gardening had payed of. I am truly grateful that I am blessed to have all this. But I also realized that my garden was done! - There was really nothing I could think of I could do to improve it - hedges, my small lawn - lush green and trimmed to PERFECTION. And all the roses beginning to bloom their heads off... I could not ask for more. I felt no need to take more pictures ... no need to show it off - I did it for me. And I was so overwhelmed that I had achieved what I wanted - that I cried of happiness - because this might be it - the perfect season.

Comments (16)