SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annemartin_gw

azalea

annemartin
17 years ago

I planted an azalea in May 2006. Initially it seemed to do well, but it never bloomed and eventually (late summer) it appeared to be dying off. About half of the shrub lost all of its leaves. The other half has sparse leaves which survived the winter but are turning yellow, then brown and shriveled. Most of the leaves have some small, white spots on the top side and the spots are dark brownish on the underside. The veins of the leaves are yellow, too. I cannot find any insects or frass anywhere on the plant. I gently dug up the plant to check for root rot, but cannot tell if this is a problem as I am a novice gardener. I do fear that I overwatered the plant all summer, and I also fear that it got too much direct, hot sun in the summer. Now I can see a few new leaves budding and some appear green and healthy but some are already brown. Do I cut off the branches that have no leaves? Remove all the brown and spotted leaves? Please help! Any advice that might revive this plant is much appreciated. (I can attach a picture if someone can tell me how.)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH