SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quilt_mommy

Containers in full sun versus morning sun only?

quilt_mommy
13 years ago

Have you had better luck placing your seed containers in full sun or morning sun only? Or would you say it's about the same?

In the past I have always had my containers on the south side of the house in full sun until they sprout, and then I'd move them to an area where they'd get a little shade in the afternoons so they wouldn't overheat. This year I'm 8 and a half months pregnant and it's just gotten to be a big old pain in the but to walk around the house and open all my little containers for watering. So instead I put them on the front steps (sorry for the eyesore to my neighbors!) so I could just walk out and open them up and water them a little easier. I've already got a few sprouts so they must be getting enough sun, but I'm wondering if they aren't going to germinate as fast as they would if I had put them in full sun.

Right now all I have out are California Poppies, Canterbury Bells (sprouting), Oriental Poppies, Sweet Peas (sprouting), Larkspur, Hollyhocks, Allium, and Balloon Flowers.

Just curious and would love to hear your experiences. Thanks! ;)

Comments (14)

Sponsored