SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariannese

Garden visitors

mariannese
9 years ago

28 rose friends from Stockholm and a few people from other places visited my garden this morning and it was a great occasion, at least for my husband and me. We'd worked hard the last few days before the visit to make the garden as presentable as possible. The weather has been unpredictable recently with rains every other day but today was almost tropical for us northerners with 30C (86F). The roses have never looked better but many had fried already in the afternoon. Our roses are no more used to heat than we are.

The biggest fault of our garden is the lack of shade so people huddled under our only patio umbrella for cold drinks, coffee and tea after they'd seen everything. I do like to show the garden to rose nerds, I find them more positive than general gardeners who look for more "interesting" plants than roses, preferably minuscule alpines or water features with koi carps which we don't have. I like such gardens, too, but I can't imitate them and don't want to.

I was too busy to take pictures but other people did and I hope at least someone will send me a few photos. It is always interesting to see one's garden with other people's eyes.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21