SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neverbeenc00l

Sick Bettas

neverbeenc00l
18 years ago

I searched through the forums but I didn't see anything that quite fit my problem. Anyway I have two betta males, kept seperate of course. They are in about a half gallon of water each. Both look like they are starting to lose color. It even looks white in some spots so it may be a fungus. What I don't understand is one of the bettas is just sitting near the top or the bottom all day with his fins clamped and he won't eat. The other one is swimming around and eating just fine. Both are still making bubble nests. Since both are losing color, or possibly have the fungus, even though they are housed separately is there something I'm doing wrong. I'm feeding them Hikari Betta Bio-gold, 2 pellets twice a day. I'm using spring water, and I'm doing a full change once a week. I haven't been using aquarium salt or any stress therapy stuff. I'm going to start doing that when I get the bigger aquariums later this week. I think I'm going to get 2.5 gallon aquariums, space is limited in my dorm or I'd get 5 gallon aquariums. Also the temp is about 71 or 72 so I'm going to figure out something to do with the heat. Suggestions would be great. I'm also going to get some maracyn to deal with any bacteria/fungus present. Does anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong?

Comments (12)

Sponsored