SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
logixsti

Phlox Seedlings - unhealthy looking yellowish green?

logixsti
9 years ago

Received a whole bunch of phlox seedlings from a friend. Upon transplanting them from her growing containers to mine they are just looking...well..unhealthy.

They have a yellowish-pale green color to them. (sorry can't do pictures as my phone camera function has stopped working) Understandably some of the lower leaves didn't fare too well in the transport, and a few of the taller/flowered stems broke (i didn't even know they flowered so early in life!) so I snipped away dead/dying leaves, snipped off broken stems down to the base and also removed any stems that appeared exceptionally weak so as to allow the plant to spend it's energy on better areas.

Unfortunately, they still look weirdly not right. some have died out all together, so I snipped them back in hopes that maybe the roots will just start a new stem.

I tried googling "phlox seedling" "starter phlox" "phlox plugs" etc...but all I could find where images of nice green plants. When I do a search for the "yellowed" color it just comes up with info on yellow-flower phlox...nothing on the actual plant being this color.

My friend is now on a cruise and then a few days traveling and will not be home for another 10 days or so..so I can't ask her about it.

Any info would be great. Is there something I should do? are they doomed? is this normal? or normal after transplant and just give them some more time? your help is definitely appreciated!!

Comments (4)