SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shinyalloy_5

Hit the back button running and screaming

shinyalloy_5
15 years ago

I really wish I hadn't done that when I first come across wintersowing last year. I was a dismal failure at starting things indoors, and didn't have much luck directing sowing after frost. I am sorry I misjudged this way of gardening.

My first impression was that WS'ers were a bunch of loonies, with their jugs outdoors. I wanted nothing to do with it. I believe fate was trying to tell me something, however, whenever I did a search either through GW or google for the plants I so desparately wanted to grow this forum kept coming up. At first I resisted, but search after search here I was.

Skeptical, I decided to give it a shot. Started with a few jugs, sowing a portion of my seeds saving the rest for more conventional methods of planting.

20 jugs later, I'm not holding back, it's bloom or bust. It's amazing, in the last 3 days I found sprouts in 8 of my jugs, that's more sprouts than I had all of last year.

No longer doubting, inspired by my sprouts, I planted as many of the seeds I received from bakemom's newbie project as I could find containers for.

Only problems now are lusting after containers and more seeds. I don't think I can have too many. The lawn may just have to go. I've even posted my first trade offer for what little I have.

Thank you all for letting me in on this insanity.

I am recently layed off and reacclimating myself to being home (with a teenager, that does not much need a full time stay at home mom). Very thankful I have found something I can do with my time and people I can share it with.

MARY

Comments (32)

Sponsored