SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glen3a

Baby guppies, what aren't they hiding?

glen3a
19 years ago

I am just curious about my baby guppies. Backtrack: I had four babies born in mid December. At the time, the babies hid from the parents very well. Despite this, only one survived and is now old/big enough Not to get eaten by the parents. In fact she hangs around with them now.

Fast forward to yesterday. Another guppy gave birth. This time to at least 12 babies. The parents were hanging around in the area with them so they must have ate a few. The thing is, however, the babies don't seem to want to hide from the parents, at least not in the same manner as the babies born last month. Do you think they behave different because there's more of them around (12 versus last time 4 babies)? It seems like some of the new babies are larger than others in the same "litter". Can some of them already be too big not to be eaten or is that just wishful thinking.

They do have plants to hide in, but they don't seem to want to hide. In fact the babies skim the top surface eating food alongside the adults.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor