SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
love_my_bettas

my female betta fish, bella, has gone crazy! help!!

love_my_bettas
15 years ago

Ok, first off, my girls are very special to me. I've had most of them for almost 3 years and even though they're just fish, they are very dear to me. I have 3 female bettas right now, i recently lost one (to old age, i'm sure). In the tank i also have 2 little male guppies that play together constantly but pretty much keep to themselves and 2 gouramis. I also have a bottom feeding albino catfish that also keeps to himself. Seems like a lot but they're in 20 gallons and all seem to be getting along fine, with the exception of my Bella. She has started, just since yesterday, jumping up the side/corner of the glass tank and sticking herself to the wall, where she just sits there! She intentionally jumps out of the water, onto the wall, and just hangs out. I don't know how long she can live doing this, but every time i see her there i gently help her back into the water, where she swims just fine. After just a couple minutes she'll repeat the process. Since today, the other fish have been helping her!!! One of my other females Jasmine, will literally give her a boost!! I know it sounds crazy, but it really looks like she's giving her a leg up! I started calling it "fish-assisted suicide". I don't know what to do. Is she unhappy? Unhealthy? Her coloring is a little lighter, but they all tend to change color occaisionally so i don't know. Please help me, i love this little girl and i'm afraid if i don't watch her constantly i'm going to lose her.

Thanks!!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville