SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kippy_the_hippy

Looks like a bomb went off-need ideas fast!

Kippy
11 years ago

The plan was to order a few more bands, pot them up wait til spring to plant in the bed I was pulling the hibiscus out of.

Unfortunately, it seems the shasta daisy I planted in that bed and planned on leaving is gopher candy and it has discovered every place I have a shasta planted. It is making the "feeding" holes, running over ground and snacking on all the yummy shasta daisy leaves it can find.

So out go those shasta daisy! One of the white fly/snooty mold infested hibiscus already died. That leaves two more and the 4 that I planned on digging up and potting.

And the Mexican/Santa Barbara daisy that the gopher does not eat but uses as cover on the shasta trips.

So now I have my bed pretty well cleared and ready for Grandmothers Hat and Reine des Violettes in some seriously lined holes.

But, I need a couple of bigger plants to fill the "scorched earth" method of gopher control.

Mom loves the peachy colored Carding Mill, which everyone is sold out of.

I am looking for something to go between Grandmother's Hat and RdV under 6+ off the ground windows (so tall is okay the windows open in)

Otto's, where I was just at, still has the following in stock:

Any thoughts on:

Peachy-what moms seems to be drawn too

Crown Princess Margareta

Jude the Obscure

Or a different pink:

The Wedgwood Rose

Or Yellow:

Teasing Georgia

Golden Celebration (I have one but it is not doing that excellent-might be it was not a good one Costco Bareroot)

I have one other spot I could put one of these, need something lower for this area:

Strawberry Hill

Crocus Rose

It will be closer to RdV and by a lilac (if it makes its)

Suggestions or thoughts? Mom is looking forward to a garden party and right now that part of the yard looks bad!

This is a south facing wall, the tall end gets more shade. The house is white, so no white roses. And this area gets extra recycled water

Comments (35)