SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
createdtocook

Is this Really an Eden Rose??? Or was it mismarked???

createdtocook
9 years ago

I am in love with the shape of Eden Rose blossoms. I love how all the petals are cupped together. Back in September I purchased my first Eden Rose and planted it. Here are pictures of it's first buds and blossoms. The blooms look just like all the pictures of Eden Roses I have seen in pictures.

I recently went out and purchased another Eden, but this time a white Eden. From my understanding, the two Edens should display the same form and shape in their flowers shouldn't they??? The way the petals curl back doesn't remind me of the large cabbage like, cupped shaped of an Eden one bit. Other pictures of White Edens I've seen online do not look like this. Should I just return this rose back to the store while I can?
Here are a few pictures of my regular "White Eden" and my regular Eden for comparison.

I would love to hear from all of you rose experts. The only rose I've ever grown before this is the Iceberg rose. But I recently added an Eden and a Balero Rose to my garden. I'm in love with the romantic cupped shape of those two roses.

I really need your expert advice on this one. Thank you.

Comments (32)