SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twigpig

Want info about used Craftsman GT5000

twigpig
16 years ago

I found a dead Craftsman GT5000 model 917.276020 with Kohler 25 hp motor locally on Craigslist. The owner said it did not run but the engine would turn over if it is jumped. He said it was his friend's who is an electrical engineer and when the tractor stopped running when his son was mowing they went out and bought a diesel mower. The GT5000 sat out in the weather/rain since it broke down last summer. The previous owner had the tractor worked on and it only ran for a few hours before it broke down again and he decided to get the diesel. He did not want to sink any more money in it so it sat. Just to make sure I had the police run the serial number to make sure it wasn't reported stolen. Anyway I can't wait to start working on it. The battery is completely toast. Any recommendations for a new battery? Of course it has a Die Hard in it now. I found the shop and owner's manual for the motor on the Kohler site. Cool. I also cut and pasted the troubleshooting tree from Kohler. But Sears does not seam to post the manuals on line anymore. Does anybody have a pdf manual for this tractor? The guy said it was bought from Sears in 2003. The guy advertised it as a 6 speed but I got to looking at the shift lever and it says automatic on the plastic housing and it does not have any numbers on it. Just gradually larger hash marks. Hydro?!?!?! There is no hour meter but the tires look good with about 1/4 inch of tread. I don't know how much tread are on these when new. This is going to replace a 70s 7-32 Toro that someone gave to me as a basket case and I resurrected. I also have a Kioti CK30hst tlb. My wife thinks I'm a tractor nut case and just shakes her head. There's worse things in the world to be.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:357474}}

Comments (12)